(For information about Access to Two Rose Cottages, please click the Access button)
Two Rose Cottages is a traditional Victorian terraced workman’s cottage, built in 1892 with a classic “two rooms up, two rooms down” structure. It has been extended over the years, but is still compact, although recently modernised and very well-planned.
At Two Rose Cottages you will find great attention to detail and responsiveness to any requests you may have. Please let us know your suggestions, special needs or concerns, and we will do our very best to address them.
Our amenities include:
A private sitting room for the exclusive use of guests. There are comfy arm-chairs and a wood-burning stove that is lit on cooler and rainy days. Here you will find not only breakfast each morning, but also plenty of books, including a “take one: leave one” collection, as well as local maps and information. Best of all, the front door is completely private, so you can come and go as you please.
Peace and quiet. The atmosphere of the house is one of calm, comfort and seclusion, perfect to unwind after a day’s exploring, socialising or work. Both bedrooms look out onto woodland, so you have complete privacy, even with the curtains open.
There is a pillow menu in each bedroom, including choices of firm, soft and comfort foam pillows, all of them hypo-allergenic, plus buckwheat, for at least seven possible combinations. If you have never tried the cool support of a buckwheat pillow, now is your opportunity! The mattesses are super-comfortable, as are the super-soft pure Egyptian cotton sheets and hypo-allergenic toppers and duvets.
Free parking on Chichester Road right outside the cottage, or in Selham Road, about 30 metres from your Two Rose Cottages front door.
Wi-fi. Of course, there is free, unlimited 24-hour wireless broadband throughout the cottage.
“Business Centre”. For the convenience of all our guests, and our business travellers in particular, we keep a small collection of useful items such as post-it notes, paper clips, markers and a stapler in the sitting room. There are also printing facilities (a small charge for large documents).
Facilities for walkers and cyclists. We are happy to clean and dry your boots and hang your clothing to dry, but regret that while your bikes can be placed overnight in the fenced back garden, there is no covered bike storage. We have maps to help you plan your day’s activity or your onward journey.
Dogs. We welcome service dogs of all sizes, and other well-behaved small and medium-sized dogs, provided they do not sit or sleep on the beds. Please remember, however, that it is a small house, not really suitable for dogs with large, waggy tails. There are plenty of great walks for dogs all around Midhurst, and space for quick exercise nearby in the small park around South Pond. Please be sure to keep your dog on a lead wherever sheep are grazing.
Special Occasions. We make a particular effort to add sparkle to your special occasion – whatever it might be.
- Two Rose Cottages Bed and Breakfast has five steps to the guests’ front door, and quite a steep staircase (eleven steps) to the bedrooms.
- A handle specially fixed to the wall on the front of the house provides support to those using the front steps, and there is a handrail on each side of the carpeted staircase to the two bedrooms.
- The bedrooms are also fully carpeted, with no rugs.
- The Cobden Room has a shower integrated with the bath, while the Wells Room has a low profile step-in shower. Both have security bars and twist taps, while the basins have lever taps. Non-slip mats are available for both bath and shower.
- Large-print menus and information sheets are available on request. Even though we do not encourage large pets in general, we welcome service and comfort dogs.
If you have questions or concerns about any form of access, please do not hesitate to contact us